The seated, alternating dumbbell curl is a workout for strength which increases the strength and size of your biceps and forearms.
It is among the most efficient versions of the biceps curl since you perform it while sitting so that your whole body is still and your arms are the only thing moving.
- Find an adjustable bench , or flat bench and put an end with a dumbbell. If you opt to have an adjustable bench make sure you adjust the back of it to a 90-degree angle.
- You should sit at the side of the bench with your knees in a row and your feet directly in front of you.
- Take the weights off the ground and hang them at your side, letting them hang freely with your palms up.
- The arms should be bent slightly to concentrate the tension in your Biceps. This is the starting point.
- Relax your spine, fold your elbows inside and pull upwards slowly, extending as far as you can.
- Press your biceps and then gradually dropping the weight back to the original position.
- Repeat these steps with the second arms for the same number of repetitions as you’d like.
What are MUSCLES? DOES THE SEATED ADD-ON DUMBBELL CURL DO?
The sitting alternating dumbbell curl concentrates on your biceps in on the upper side of your arm as well as the brachialis and brachioradial is of the lower part of your arm.
Hey Before you read further read this article This is a new and tested method to lose as much as 22lbs (10kgs) within just six weeks without starving or working for hours.
BENEFITS of the SEATED Alternative DUMBBELL CURL
Imagine trying to increase your biceps, and one of them ends up being larger over the other.
Do you think it would be a good idea to suck?
So, you don’t need to be concerned about biceps with asymmetry when you train them with the seated, alternating dumbbell curl.
When you curl only one hand at a time and you can work your biceps separately so that both of them receive the same amount of exercise and neither is more or less over the others.
Increased Muscle Size
The fact that you’re working your arms in a way that is independent of each other improves your muscle strength than other Bicep curls that train both arms simultaneously.
If your brain is focused exclusively on just one arm, it will likely concentrate all your energy on lifting the dumbbell the you are holding with your arm.
However, if you’re training both arms simultaneously, the central nervous system (CNS) must divide the strength among the limbs. This means that each limb will receive less energy than when they were trained separately.
A BETTER CONNECTION OF MIND AND MUSCLE
The standing alternating dumbbell curl an excellent exercise to improve your brain-muscle connection since it is only necessary to concentrate on one arm at the same time.
Furthermore, exercising your arms in a controlled manner by doing this exercise is a great way to recruit more muscle fibres as every repetition produces more stimulation for your biceps as your brain-muscle connection is enhanced.
Alternatives to the SEATED DUMBBELL CURL
STANDING BARBELL CURL
Standing barbell curl makes use of an exercise barbell to isolate over load both biceps together.
But unlike the seated dumbbell curl, you perform it while standing. This implies that you are relying on your torso for isolation of the muscles.
- Keep your feet straight and standing with your feet wide enough to be hip-width apart.
- Take a barbell and place your hands spread shoulder-width apart.
- Place your elbows in your upper body. Make sure that they remain there.
- Inhale and tighten your muscles.
- Lift the bar to the highest you can do without changing the positioning of your elbows. Then breathe out.
- Inhale as you lower the barbell to the beginning position.
- Do as many repetitions as you’d like.
To ensure that you don’t swing or move your body too much, lean on the wall as you move.
STANDING DUMBBELL CURL
Standing dumbbells are many ways like the seated alternate dumbbell curl, with one major distinction being the fact that it’s done standing.
It’s also not carried out in a series, so it isn’t able to work every arm separately.
- Sit upright and your feet wide enough to be hip-width apart.
- Take a dumbbell and place it in each hand. Make sure that your palms are directed towards the front.
- Put your elbows in your obliques in order to isolate your upper arms.
- Inhale deeply , and then put your hands on your core.
- Lift the weights to as high as you are able to reach without lifting your elbows off the body, then exhale.
- Inhale deeply and then lower the dumbbells to their starting position.
SEATED ADDITIONAL DUMBBELL CURL MISTAKES to avoid
Maintain a steady and slow speed throughout the exercise to maintain as much tension on your targeted muscles as you can.
Moving your electronic devices
The movement of your elbows can help relieve tension off your muscles and reduce the efficiency of your workout.
Keep your elbows in a tucked-in position and stationary while you move your arms in order to use your muscles to their maximum.
DO NOT PRESS YOUR BICEPS TO THE HIGHEST
When you are in the highest position, make sure that you squeeze your biceps and increase the amount of time they are at tension (TUT) as well as the resistance you create by using the dumbbell.
Don’t lean back when you pull the weight in; your body must remain in a straight line all the time, so that your arms are the only thing moving.
Performing HALF REPS
If you are lifting more weight than you’re able to manage while maintaining proper posture You could finish the exercise without a full range of movement.
To correct this issue Choose weights that can move through the entire range of motion throughout your sets and reps.
CONTROL WRIST PRESSURE – POOR
The majority of your attention must be on working your biceps muscles, do not lose control over your wrist that you let the weight to take control particularly when you’re lower.
To prevent losing control of your wrist Keep it slightly bent to stop it from sliding into extension in the lowering phase.
The seated dumbbell curl is similar to the traditional biceps curl even better.
Sitting in a comfortable position will ensure that all tension is concentrated on your biceps, while the rest of your body stays in place.
If you’re trying to build strength of your muscles or increase the dimensions of your muscle mass, this surely is a must in your exercise routine.